Fall Book FairNovember 13 to 15, 2014
Thursday | 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Friday | 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday | 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Thank you to our donors, our customers and all our hard-working volunteers! Every one of you contributed to the success of our first Spring Book Fair.
Kingston Symphony Warehouse
785 Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard, Unit 7A
(The turn off is located between Princess Street and John Counter Boulevard on Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard)
The annual Kingston Symphony Book Fair is one of the top 5 used book sales in Canada, and is a fundraising event of the Volunteer Committee of the Kingston Symphony Association.
Admission (opening night only)
Preferred Entry at 4 p.m.
- Tickets are $20 each and non-refundable
- Only 50 tickets available
- Available to purchase by phone at 613-546-9729, beginning October 6 at 9 a.m. with Visa or MasterCard
- Unsold tickets will be available to purchase with cash only on November 13 after 2 p.m. at the warehouse
Regular Entry from 4:30 to 8 p.m.
- Tickets are $5 each
- Available to purchase in person on November 13 after 2 p.m. at the warehouse
Free admission on Friday and Saturday!
- Warehouse Wednesdays: June 11 to August 27
(10 a.m. to Noon, and 5 to 7 p.m.)
- October 21 to 23 (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
- October 22 (5 to 7 p.m.)
Please contact us if you have need to dispose of a library due to a move out of Kingston or dispersal of an estate.
WHAT TO DONATE:
- Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Hardcovers, complete with their inscriptions & dust jackets
- Paperbacks & Pocketbooks
- Sheet Music & Song Books
- Books on Tape or CD
What NOT to donate:
- Books damaged by fire, water, or insects
- Books missing covers and/or pages
- Text Books
- Harlequin, Silhouette, etc.
- Readers' Digest Condensed Books
- National Geographic or other magazines
- Musty, mildewed, soiled, or moldy books
- Yellowed, brittle paperbacks
What to do with items we don't accept:
- Encyclopaedia: Please email Alan Foljambe regarding any old volumes.
- Textbooks and damaged books: Tear off cover and put pages with their binding into your paper recycling, covers into the garbage.
- Magazines, National Geographics: Recycle, bring to your doctor's or dentist's office if they keep magazines in the waiting room.
- Harlequin or similar "dollar" romances: Donate to the Salvation Army, Bibles for Missions, Value Village or other charity shops.
- Musty, mouldy books: Dispose of in garbage as these are a serious health hazard.
How to PACK & STORE books:
- Limit the size of boxes to what you can comfortably lift;
- Place books flat in clean cardboard boxes;
- Fill in open spaces with compressed paper (this enables safer stacking of boxes);
- Close or cover boxes to protect from dust;
- OFF of concrete floors (carpet is no protection against damp);
- inside a warm, dry room.
For more information, please email the Book Fair Committee or call 613-546-9729.
To request a reminder for the NEXT SALE click here.
To receive a reminder about DONATION DAYS, click here.
To change your contact information click here.
To volunteer click here.