Summer Reading SaleMay 8 to 10, 2015
Friday | 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
Saturday | 9 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Sunday | 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
Kingston Symphony Warehouse
785 Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard, Unit 7A
(The turn off is located between Princess Street and John Counter Boulevard on Sir John A. Macdonald Boulevard)
The annual Kingston Symphony Book Fair is a fundraising event of the Volunteer Committee of the Kingston Symphony Association.
- Health & Fitness
- House & Home
- Coffee Table Books
- Royal Family (House of Windsor)
- At the Cottage
- Sailing - Including many classics
- Alternative Medicine & Home Remedies
Donations are now closed for this sale.
Please contact us if you have need to dispose of a library due to a move out of Kingston or dispersal of an estate.
WHAT TO DONATE:
- Fiction & Non-Fiction
- Hardcovers, complete with their inscriptions & dust jackets
- Paperbacks & Pocketbooks
- Sheet Music & Song Books
- Books on Tape or CD
What NOT to donate:
- Books damaged by fire, water, or insects
- Books missing covers and/or pages
- Text Books
- Harlequin, Silhouette, etc.
- Readers' Digest Condensed Books
- National Geographic or other magazines
- Musty, mildewed, soiled, or moldy books
- Yellowed, brittle paperbacks
What to do with items we don't accept:
- Encyclopaedia: Please email Alan Foljambe regarding any old volumes.
- Textbooks and damaged books: Tear off cover and put pages with their binding into your paper recycling, covers into the garbage.
- Magazines, National Geographics: Recycle, bring to your doctor's or dentist's office if they keep magazines in the waiting room.
- Harlequin or similar "dollar" romances: Donate to the Salvation Army, Bibles for Missions, Value Village or other charity shops.
- Musty, mouldy books: Dispose of in garbage as these are a serious health hazard.
How to PACK & STORE books:
- Limit the size of boxes to what you can comfortably lift;
- Place books flat in clean cardboard boxes;
- Fill in open spaces with compressed paper (this enables safer stacking of boxes);
- Close or cover boxes to protect from dust;
- OFF of concrete floors (carpet is no protection against damp);
- inside a warm, dry room.
For more information, please email the Book Fair Committee or call 613-546-9729.
To request a reminder for the NEXT SALE click here.
To receive a reminder about DONATION DAYS, click here.
To change your contact information click here.
To volunteer click here.